Automated Capillary Immunoassay System
Two ways to get separation, identification and quantitation
Peggy Sue™ lets you separate and analyze proteins by size or charge from 2-440 kDa either by immunoassay or total protein. Got small sample volumes or starting materials? No problem. She uses as little as 0.2 µg/µL of protein in just 5 µL of sample, and runs up to 96 samples in one experiment.
A system for precise and accurate measurement of proteins and respective post-translational modifications in a format that is applicable to very small sample sizes..
• Employs high-resolution MW (size-based) or isoelectric-focusing (IEF, charge-based) separation, followed by target-specific immunoprobing to profile proteins and respective post-translational modification isoforms
• Fully automated and robust, provides bioanalytical labs with reproducibility and sensitivity in western blotting methods
• Have been applied for quantitative proteomic analysis in both discovery research and clinical practice
• Precise and accurate measurement, digital data quantitation, good assay sensitivity, reproducibility and dynamic range
• Nanogram (ng) level protein loading, capillary platform allows quantitative proteomic analysis in extremely small and precious samples, such as stem cells, primary cells, fine needle aspirates, other patient specimens
• Increased sensitivity and specificity
• Multiplex analysis with fast assay turn-around time
• Straight forward assay standardization across multiple testing sites
Simple Western Assays
The assays provide custom pathway network profiling based on disease, drug target(s) etc. Assays identify critical pathways and molecular functioning mechanisms involved in the behavior of newly developed cell lines, PDXs, and clinical tumor samples.
The CPTR core has established over 200 targets identifying the following key wathways:
Apoptosis/Cell Death, Cell cycle and checkpoint control, Cellular metabolism, Chromatin Regulation/Epigenetics, DNA damage and repair, Gene regulation and DNA repair, JAK/STAT signaling, MAP Kinase signaling, NFκB signaling, PI3K/AKT/mTOR signaling, Protein Kinase C signaling, Receptor tyrosine Kinase signaling, Rho signaling, RNA regulation, TGF-β/SMAD signaling, Transcription regulation, Ubiquitin-proteasome, Wnt Signaling etc.
Technology Overview: https://www.proteinsimple.com/simple_western_overview.html
High-throughput size-assay platform: https://www.proteinsimple.com/sally_sue.html#resources
Total protein assay for loading control: https://www.proteinsimple.com/documents/HowToGuide_Total_Protein_Normalization_RevC.pdf
Tested Samples with Simple Western Assays
Established MW-based Simple Western Assays
A panel of about 200 assays, covering key signaling pathways from receptor activation, down-stream signaling transduction, transcriptional regulation, cell cycle control to apoptosis etc., has been developed / established. This allows us to provide CCR investigators a signaling network array for protein activity characterization, therapeutic target identification and drug selectivity determination, as well as defining the regulatory mechanisms. We actively develop new assays based on the demands of the CCR/NCI/NIH community. Please contact us for more information.